Friday, January 4, 2013

Walking through the unknown

Yesterday, at midnight, when I was totally lost in my thoughts, looking at the beautiful sight of moon, my mobile beeped. With much curiosity I checked it. Reading the text was totally different from what I was expecting it to be. There was something written there that I wasn't expecting. I know the person that sent it pretty well (you can call him..... Mr.X). It was just a simple text actually, just "thanks for today, let’s go for a walk". I don't know why, but doing it again, I mean going on a walk again (I have gone before as well, as I enjoy walking at night), wasn't the thing I was willing to do now. It’s always fun to walk around, walk a totally new path, and explore something new. But going with him again, hmm… I needed lots of strength. Anyway, somehow keeping my thoughts aside, I went. Seeing his face always charms me, and for some weird reason, blood races under my cheek changing it to a light pink. We met, just for a walk as he had said it would be. We walked without exchanging a single word (don't know why, but his silence also tells me a lot of things). After walking for a few minutes he got a call and he went on his way. I was there, alone, with my feelings, continuing to walk….. to walk on a path I have never walked. As I went on, I saw a lot of people around me even though it was pitch black. Some I knew, and many I didn't even care to look at. I was still moving, may be moving on was my only wish... what I needed. The path was covered with a carpet of velvet, like in a dream; I could feel it under my feet. There were so many ways I could go, so much so that I didn't know which one to choose, so I closed my eyes and spun around two or three times, stopped and then followed the way I saw first. I continued walking, enjoying the night and the silence. The path I had chosen with a childish idea turned out to be as good as walking on flowers with the chilling wind stroking my face, as if I were in a dream. I really wanted to thank Mr.X for leaving me to myself and explore alone. It was worth more, walking this unknown path by myself rather than following him with his principles and rules. I was still walking not knowing where to stop, because it was something I hadn't planned for. And I kept moving.... I had no destination and I didn't know where this path would lead me... maybe I would reach somewhere I deserved... maybe somewhere I needed to be... maybe a place where my existence makes no sense.... maybe a path where there is no turning back... or maybe I end up just walking around in circles.

4 comments:

  1. Nice, never thought you would think like this.... just kidding. But awesome story indeed... Do I know this Mr.X??? O_o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ninja...talking abt Mr.X better nt talk :P

      Delete
  2. // for me it's like
    while(1) read;

    ReplyDelete